Sunday, June 19, 2016

The EP7 Soccer Shootout



The first EP7 Soccer Shootout was a huge success, thanks to the support of our community and the surrounding areas. Twenty two teams comprised of both kids and adults from four different states played in games yesterday.
 

These were not only soccer players. There were kids that play football, softball and other sports that haven’t played soccer in years if ever, alumni soccer players, college level players joined as well. There were parents, teens from local schools, and members of the community who attended just to show their support.

 
As I walked around and watched them all on the field, on the sidelines laughing and hanging out, and having a great time, a sense of gratitude came over me. You can say many things about our area. Believe me, I’ve heard them all. But to see the love and support from such a tight-knit group of folks is not something you find many places. For me personally, experiencing this support has touched my heart, and provided me comfort in the darkest of times.



So I want you to know how much it meant to me for you all to show up to support our beloved E in the game he loved, our family, and the students that will benefit from the scholarship.
This event could not have happened without the help of a large amount of people.



My list of thanks spreads wide and far. I have included everyone I can think of, and truly hope I did not forget anyone. I realize there are those I may not have even known, that worked behind the scenes.



Many thanks to: Mr. Pastor, Mrs. Thomas, and the hardworking students of the National Honor Society at Wheelersburg High School for organizing, and running this event. Thanks to the Shellie Miller, the admins and the staff at Wheelersburg High School. Thanks to Jessica Waller for creating and maintaining the shootout page, and answering a million and one of my questions.



Thanks to those who prepped the fields: Todd Jarvis, Kevin Powell, and the volunteers both kids and adults.



Thanks to Mike Hagans, and the students and volunteers who officiated the games.



Thanks to the T-shirt sponsors: Deemers Grocery, Hall’s Auto Parts, Misty’s Cone Shop, Kona Ice, Imageworks, Headlines, and Shirt Stop.



Thanks to the concession donors: The Vastine Family (Misty’s Cone Shop, and Valley Foods), Little Caesar’s of Wheelersburg, Bud Sharp, Kona Ice, Deemer’s Grocery, Melanie Mahlmeister, and Giovanni’s of Wheelersburg.



We are thrilled to hear the EP7 Soccer Shootout will be an annual event! Be sure to follow the EP7 Soccer Shootout page and The Ethan Pauley Scholarship Fund page on Facebook for future updates on the tournament and the scholarship fund.


My sincere thanks again for all your support! It is such a blessing to a part of this community. God Bless!






Me and the Huntington XFC travel team E used to play in since sixth grade.

Jim, the three youngest boys and I with our niece and nephews that came in Michigan to play.


Posted on Facebook 5/15/16
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206059164587161&set=a.10206058768817267&type=3&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment