Sunday, June 19, 2016

Plans For E's Graduation

 
 
As the days lead up to graduation, my thoughts wander to what E would be doing, should he still be here with us.

I imagine things such as getting ready for graduation ceremony, sleeping in, going to graduation parties with his friends, and leaving soon on his senior trip. There were many plans.

Plans made for a day we shall never see.

Taking for granted he would always be here....

And though I try not to focus on how this was taken from him, at times it is almost impossible.

I cannot do it on my own, so I must rely on the scriptures and promises thereof from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

That is where my hope and strength comes from.

As heart wrenching as it will be not to see him walk with his Wheelersburg High School Class of 2016, I am attending the graduation later this evening. We will present the scholarship established in E’s name.

Though I’m not sure I will have the strength, I won’t be doing it alone. The support of family, friends, community, and my faith in Christ will guide me through.

“And now, brothers and sisters, I want you to know what will happen to the Christians who have died so you will not be full of sorrow like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus comes, God will bring back with Jesus all the Christians who have died. “ I Thessalonians 4:13-14 NLT
 
Posted on Facebook 5/27/16

No comments:

Post a Comment